Monday, January 17, 2011

Guest Children's Author: Maggie Grinnell

As so many of my writing friends, I met children’s author Maggie Grinnell online. Meet Maggie through her interview and learn all about her new book,
The Ketchup Bottle and the Takeover, Living Water Publishing.


DMc: What has been the most rewarding/memorable experience in writing for children?



MG: My most rewarding/memorable experience I have had was getting to visit my inner child again after so many years. These ideas kept coming up in my head. When I went to develop these ideas, I was taken back to my childhood and to very wonderful memories.

DMc: How did you come up with the intriguing title, The Ketchup Bottle and the Takeover?


MG: My character has big ego and wants to command the refrigerator. So I took the form my character is in, a ketchup bottle, and what was happening, a take over.

DMc: Please share with us an excerpt or synopsis of The Ketchup Bottle and the Takeover.






MG: Tommy Tomato, a ketchup bottle with an ego, moves into the refrigerator and wants to take it over. When the other condiments here about this, they devise a plan to take him out of the cold environment, the refrigerator. Tommy goes missing one day during a family picnic. The others worry and want Tommy back so they go looking for him.


DMc: What services do you offer to writers and what should they expect if they hire you?


MG: I use to be a proofreader for a magazine. I still would love to proofread. So now I provide that service that can be obtained from my website: http://www.writer65.com/. When someone receives this service from me, they can expect quality work with professionalism.

DMc: Please share with us your current work-in-progress?


MG: I am working on a story about a cereal box toy that comes to life and the young girl this toy encounters. The young girl stops speaking when her dad dies. This toy and the little girl bond and have an unbelievable experience. Through that experience, many wonderful things happen.



DMc: A signature request I like to ask every author, illustrator, editor, etc., I interview is for the individual to share with us a tidbit form their lives that the reader will find either humorous or surprising. Maggie, can you please share one with us?






MG: I started writing to make my Dad proud of me. The surprising thing about this is that my Dad got sick and passed away without seeing any of my work. I still continue to write in his spirit.


Maggie, thank you for joining me today. It has been wonderful getting to know you better.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Best wishes,
Donna M. McDine
Award-winning Children's Author
The Golden Pathway ~ August 2010 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc.
www.guardianangelpublishing.com/pathway.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank for you taking the time out to visit with me and to learn about my writing career.

Please be sure to leave your blog address so I can reciprocate.

I look forward to visiting you too.