Tuesday, April 5, 2016

D is for Decency - #atozchallenge 2016


DECENCY is a powerful way of living life with a positive attitude towards fellow human beings and all living creatures. The act of simple courtesy of holding the door open, a pleasant hello, allowing the car alongside you to merge in ahead of you, listening to and respecting someone’s opinion (even if it differs from yours) goes a long way in creating a true sense of decency. The list is endless.
It’s not difficult at all, if you think before you react with a positive response to most situations it will surely result in harmony with others that you may not have realized before.


I’m a junkie for engagement on my blog and would enjoy hearing how you instill decency in your daily life. Thanks for visiting!

Be sure to visit fellow A-Z Challenge 2016 participants!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Best wishes,
Donna M. McDine
Multi Award-winning Children's Author

Ignite curiosity in your child through reading!

Connect with

Dee and Deb Off They Go Kindergarten First Day Jitters ~ December 2015 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2016 Story Monster Approved

A Sandy Grave ~ January 2014 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2014 Purple Dragonfly 1st Place Picture Books 6+, Story Monster Approved, Beach Book Festival Honorable Mention 2014, Reader's Favorite Five Star Review

Powder Monkey ~ May 2013 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2015 Purple Dragonfly Book Award Historical Fiction 1st Place, Story Monster Approved and Reader's Favorite Five Star Review

Hockey Agony ~ January 2013 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2015 Purple Dragonfly Book Award Honorable Mention Picture Books 6+, New England Book Festival Honorable Mention 2014, Story Monster Approved and Reader's Favorite Five Star Review

The Golden Pathway ~ August 2010 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ Literary Classics Silver Award and Seal of Approval, Readers Favorite 2012 International Book Awards Honorable Mention and Dan Poynter's Global e-Book Awards Finalist

35 comments:

  1. I love that you chose decency and I try and show it
    everyday as I want my son to see it in action and
    use it as well. From opening doors to Thanking
    people in the Service, police and Firemen. And
    just telling someone hello and I like something
    about them. As seeing someone smile is a nice
    way to make you smile. And if I can open a door
    for you I will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, showing my example is essential! I agree with you full heartedly. You have already opened a door for me by visiting. I look forward to staying connected!

      Delete
  2. We need more decency in this world! I try to always smile at people. I try to engage with people positively by telling them I love their beautiful scarf or sweater etc., or just eagerly help them if in need. Usually a warm smile opens the door to further positive interaction. I feel great if I've made at least one person's day just a tiny bit better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing what a smile can do, isn't it! I like the idea of commenting on their clothing.

      Delete
  3. I always try to be super nice to cashiers, waiters/waitresses and other people working who have to give me some form of service. I want them to know their effort is appreciated.

    ~Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely and not only does it brighten their day, it brightens ours by doing so!

      Delete
  4. I have it most of the time, some days though away it may flow lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daily decency is part of my job as an administrative assistant. I must keep smiling and sound friendly and helpful at all times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly where you are coming from being an administrative assistant at The Salvation Army. Good for you!

      Delete
  6. I agree with think before you speak, or just don't say anything at all. Nowadays - on Facebook, just enjoy folks' vacation posts or kid pics. Decency goes downhill with politics and religion. Try to take your turn in traffic or at the lunchmeat counter. Good post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The politicians are draining society. I stay away from all the nasty debates, not worth my time!

      Delete
  7. Sad to say decency is not seen/shown much today. I try to teach my children to respect people's property, to say please when they ask for something, etc. Now if I can get them to not fight with each other so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Showing by example is essential. I don't think siblings will ever overcome their little battles...oh well!

      Delete
  8. If we all acted with decency we'd have a world without war and world without crime. Utopia! At it's heart is the word you've chosen today. Thanks, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the idea of decency as opposed to respect. Respect is earned. Kindness and decency should be givens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you full heartedly. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  10. I agree. Decency is indeed a powerful way of living. Small acts of humane behaviour go a long way, in making life easier for one and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Well said. It's all about the ripple effect in a positive manner.

      Delete
  11. We can do with Decency a lot around us as it never goes out of fashion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully it never does! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  12. I love that you chose Decency as your topic for today. When someone goes out of their way to be nice to us, we're almost surprised these days because it's the exception, not the rule. We are so busy that we forget that it's not all about us! Found you through the A to Z Challenge. www.dianeweidenbenner.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, it's important to realize there is so much to the world than just us and our lives. Spreading decency certainly helps us in learning that. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  13. I believe in showing decency toward others too. In general, I treat others the way I'd like to be treated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! What you put out to the universe is what you get back!

      Delete
  14. I'm all for it, however, the world is full of rude people and getting worse all the time. Pity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to blanket people with decency and hopefully it will have a ripple effect!

      Delete
  15. Talking about holding the door open for others - that seems to be my life's mission! Even more interesting are the myriad different responses I get when showing this little decency

    Open Minded Mormon A-Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's bizarre isn't it. I'm always shocked when people don't appreciate it!

      Delete
  16. My mother is an advocate of decency...which she drummed into our heads from a young age.
    I think it's a simple concept...just be a good and kind human being to all who you meet.
    Writer In Transit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it's a simple concept, but unfortunately some people don't get it!

      Delete
  17. Great post, Donna! Decency is so very important and is something I try to display in my daily life as well as foster in my children. The world needs more of it these days!

    ReplyDelete

Thank for you taking the time out to visit with me and to learn about my writing career.

Please be sure to leave your blog address so I can reciprocate.

I look forward to visiting you too.