Friday, May 18, 2007

Personal Mantra

I have several personal mantra's tacked up along side my computer screen.

The first being:

"Let me listen to criticism that I can benefit from and let me forget the rest!"

This mantra is so very true, but when our personal feelings get in the way sometimes it is difficult to sort out what is useful and what is not.


Whenever, you attend a critique session and your piece is discussed take detailed notes.

However, plan on putting them to the side until the emotional factor is calmed down (at least a week), then revisit your notes and go about your changes with an open mind and heart. What you saw as a negative factor at the time may very well be one of the best suggestions made.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank for you taking the time out to visit with me and to learn about my writing career.

Please be sure to leave your blog address so I can reciprocate.

I look forward to visiting you too.