Friday, December 28, 2007

Judi Moreo, author of You Are More Than Enough Achievement Journal

With 2007 behind us and 2008 on the horizon, it’s time to reflect on how we want the rest of our journey here on earth to go. Do we settle for letting life happen or do we take steps toward achieving our dreams? Do we think about it or do we DO it? If you have watched the movie, “The Secret,” then you understand the power of affirmative thinking = affirmative action. Are you taking those steps in the right direction to enjoy life at its fullest – whether it’s through financial success, relationship bliss or perfect health?

On January 1, 2008, Judi Moreo, author of You Are More Than Enough Achievement Journal (Stephens Press, Dec. '07), will embark on a virtual book tour throughout the blogosphere, but it will involve YOU. She wants YOU to be the star in a campaign to let the world know how you are taking those steps in realizing your dreams.


“Every step I take brings me closer to the realization of my dreams” what a profound statement from Judi Moreo, author of You Are More Than Enough Achievement Journal (Stephens Press, Dec. ’07) and I would like to elaborate what that statement means to me:

About two years ago I embarked on my dream of writing for children by taking the Institute of Children’s Literature course ~ Writing for Children and Teenagers and successfully completed the course in April 2007. Since then I have achieved publication success in various online magazines and I continue to participate in children and young adult conferences, writing workshops, writers groups, author school visits, and critique groups on an ongoing basis to sharpen my writing skills.

The next step I am taking in making my dreams a reality is that I am about to begin the Institute of Children’s Literature course ~ Writing & Selling Children’s Books. Another important key aspect of making my writing career a success is networking and maintaining the contacts throughout the writing industry.

My dreams do not stop there. I strive to continue to be a positive influence with my children to make sure that they have the tools and knowledge to make their dreams come true and to be productive members of society. Spending ongoing quality time with them is key in achieving this success. My husband continues to be a positive influence in the decisions that I make to make my writing career a reality and finding the balance between motherhood and writing. I thank him for his unconditional love and support everyday of my life.

Surrounding myself with a close knit core group of friends has been instrumental in developing myself into a more rounded person. The emotional support that we provide one another is beyond any expectations that I ever dreamed of in women friendships. And I'm eternally grateful for them.

With my many blessings of family, friends and writing relationships I look forward to taking many baby steps throughout 2008 to keep my family, friend and writing aspirations on track!

Best wishes to all in your endeavors for 2008!


To participate in Judi's virtual tour go to:
http://www.virtualbooktoursforauthors.blogspot.com/



Brought to you by:

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Donna! I'm putting your link up on Judi's page now! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and God's blessings on your endeavors!
    PamT

    ReplyDelete

Thank for you taking the time out to visit with me and to learn about my writing career.

Please be sure to leave your blog address so I can reciprocate.

I look forward to visiting you too.