Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Freelance Writing 2012 Goals


I'm a planner and list person by nature, so creating my 2012 goals with specific tasks I need to complete each week to achieve my goals has provided me with direction to insure my success.

I'm pleased to share my goal progress as of January 25th:

  • I have held steadfast to editing my middle grade manuscript and have completed handwritten edits of chapters 1 thru 19 and have typed the edits for Chapter 1. 
  • I have requested book reviews of The Golden Pathway to various book bloggers and I'm starting to hear back from them with interested responses.
  • I'm in the midst of creating a contest at www.thegoldenpathway.blogspot.com for February to celebrate Black History Month. Please sure to stop by on February 1st to learn all about it. 
  • I've created a To Be Written log with topics and due dates through May 2012 and I'm writing every day in addition to the middle grade manuscript edits.
  • I have become much more social on blogs by visiting and commenting specifically to their current blog posting. It's a sure fire way to conduct cross promotional efforts.
I'd like to hear from you as to how your 2012 goals are progressing.

Wishing you success in your writing career!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Best wishes,
Donna M. McDine
Award-winning Children's Author
The Golden Pathway ~ August 2010 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc.
http://guardianangelpublishing.com/pathway.htm

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're doing great. And staying busy. As for me, I'm sort of on track with my goals. I'm revising my YA contemporary and getting feedback from my crit group. In February I'll continue with it and also start revisions on my MG story, as well as market my chapter book.

    And do better with my blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank for you taking the time out to visit with me and to learn about my writing career.

Please be sure to leave your blog address so I can reciprocate.

I look forward to visiting you too.