Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Suzanne Lieurance Visits Write What Inspires You on her Working Writer's Club Virtual Book Tour



I met Suzanne online back in 2007 through the Children's Writers Coaching Club which is now the Working Writer's Cub and have the privilege of working for her as the WWC publicist. Without further ado, welcome Suzanne.

Thank you for following my on the second day of my 5-day virtual tour for my book, The Lucky Baseball - My Story in a Japanese-American Internment Camp. Let me tell you a little bit about what the writer's life is like for me.


First, since I'm also a writing coach as well as a writer, I spend part of my time each work day helping other writers. I also have to spend some time each day promoting my writing and my coaching club - the Working Writer's Club - at http://www.workingwritersclub.com. The rest of the time I spend searching for new freelance writing assignments or coming up with ideas for books or stories, then I spend time writing, too. Usually, I like to write first thing in the morning before I get distracted by all the other things I need to do.

One of the things I love most about the writer's life is that I can write most anywhere, most anytime. Sometimes I get up in the middle of the night and write for an hour or two, then I'll take a nap in the middle of the day. I also like to go to coffee shops and bookstores once in a while and do some writing there. And I like to go to the library to do some of the research for my books. Sometimes, I even travel to interesting spots to research my books. I'm scheduled to teach a week long writer's workshop this September in Cortona, Italy. You can find out more about that at http://www.toscanaamericana.com/lieurancewriting.html.

Happy reading!



P.S. If you're a writer, sign up for The Morning Nudge and I'll send you tips and other information about writing in an email every weekday morning!


Visit with Suzanne, tomorrow Wednesday, May 16th as she discusses Tradebook Tips for Teacher’s from Children’s Author, Suzanne Lieurance with host Karen Cioffi - www.karencioffiwritingandmarketing.com


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Best wishes,
Donna M. McDine
Award-winning Children's Author
The Golden Pathway ~ August 2010 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc.
~ Literary Classics Silver Award and Seal of Approval Recipient and Dan Poynter's Global e-Book Awards Finalist

3 comments:

  1. The flexibly of writing is one of my favorite parts too, Suzanne!

    And Donna, I'm doing the RAOK blitz this week and I saw your name pop up on Sharon Mayhew's blog. I realized I hadn't connected with you in forever, and I'm so happy to be able to stop by and say hi! I hope things are going well for you and your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to read about the morning nudge....if anyone ever needed a nudge in the morning, it's me! Off to sign up now...thanks to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really great to hear inspirational posts about writers and about writing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank for you taking the time out to visit with me and to learn about my writing career.

Please be sure to leave your blog address so I can reciprocate.

I look forward to visiting you too.