Monday, April 20, 2015

Q is for Quiet ~ A to Z 2015 Challenge



Q is for Quiet...

Definition...



adjective



1. making no noise or sound, especially no disturbing sound

2.
free, or comparatively free, from noise

The need to quiet the mind is essential in recharging one's "batteries" of the body, mind and soul. Have you ever taken the time out to relish the quiet? No buzzing technology, no music and tv blaring. Just quiet. How delightful is that.

By quieting our surroundings from time to time, we may just hear the lovely chirping of birds in the distance and the scamper of wildlife as they ponder their surroundings. And best of all, if you quiet your mind, you may just hear the soft giggles of young children enjoying the splendor of the outdoors!

I dare you, quiet your mind and see what you may hear!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best wishes,
Donna M. McDine
Multi Award-winning Children's Author

Ignite curiosity in your child through reading!

Connect with

A Sandy Grave ~ January 2014 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2014 Purple Dragonfly 1st Place Picture Books 6+, Story Monster Approved, Beach Book Festival Honorable Mention 2014, Reader's Favorite Five Star Review

Powder Monkey ~ May 2013 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ Story Monster Approved and Reader's Favorite Five Star Review

Hockey Agony ~ January 2013 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ New England Book Festival Honorable Mention 2014, Story Monster Approved and Reader's Favorite Five Star Review

The Golden Pathway ~ August 2010 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ Literary Classics Silver Award and Seal of Approval, Readers Favorite 2012 International Book Awards Honorable Mention and Dan Poynter's Global e-Book Awards Finalist

17 comments:

  1. My mind is too quiet living alone. But for children it is essential for them to rest their brains a wee while. Good post Donna.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good advice, Donna! My mind--or environment, for that matter-doesn't quiet easily, but I definitely think it is a good idea to try to do. Good time for ideas to brew if one can do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed my post! I know what you mean about not being able to quiet down easily!

      Delete
  3. There are certain times when I crave absolute quiet. It does recharge me. We should power down and turn off everything for some real quiet more often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My quiet comes when I play my guitar. That's when my mind settles best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool! I've always wanted to learn how to play the guitar but never did. I'm jealous!

      Delete
  5. I love quiet moments. They relax me. Sometimes I need them to think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love quiteness... They relax my mind as well as soul.... :)
    http://shinningappy.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I treasure quite. It's hard to come by in many places.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never have quiet time. Even when I'm cleaning, I'm listening to audiobooks. I wonder what that says about me. Maybe I'm afraid of where my thoughts will take me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to blast music when I clean! LOL...afraid of where your thoughts will take you!

      Delete
  9. Taking a walk helps me quiet my mind. Just the birds, the insects, the cats and me, and an occasional car that passes by gives me calm and time to enjoy God's beautiful world. Great word: quiet. Now if I could quiet my mind when I'm trying to sleep but keep thinking of what I need to do the next day, that would be even better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Donna,
    I love the opening lines of this post. To quite the mind, body and soul is so essential.

    Cheers,
    POETICbug

    ReplyDelete

Thank for you taking the time out to visit with me and to learn about my writing career.

Please be sure to leave your blog address so I can reciprocate.

I look forward to visiting you too.