Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Feature of the Week - Jennifer Gladen Visits Write What Inspires You


I am pleased to share with you my recent catch up with author, Jennifer Gladen. I always enjoying hearing about fellow author's publishing journey and during our recent conversation Jennifer shared exciting news about her middle grade novel, Souled

Welcome Jennifer!


Hi Donna, I'm honored you are sharing my latest book project! 

My project is one that is keeping me busy. I wrote a middle-grade novel titled Souled. It is about a boy and his friends who enjoy playing video games. One day things go wrong and people start disappearing and end up trapped in the game.
The story was inspired by my completely game obsessed son and I wondered "What if...there was something behind the game causing all the obsession with it."

Synopsis: 
When Ethan and his friends play the much anticipated new game Seeker, they are thrown into a new world where the lines of reality and gaming are blurred. As people close to Ethan, including his sister, start to disappear, Ethan and his team must free the trapped souls, defeat the dark wizard and stop the destruction before he and his friends are trapped forever.

***


Because I'm absolutely in love with this story, I decided I'm going to independently publish the book. I want the creative control and the ability to market it the way I envision. To make printing it a reality I will be starting a Kickstarter in a few weeks. This will be set up in Pre-Order tiers, meaning when people contribute to the cause they're pre-ordering the book.
For this endeavor to be successful, I need to generate as much interest as possible. I will hold a giveaway where people enter by sharing a post, joining my VIP list, and liking my page. To join in the fun, participate in Jen's giveaway today! 

To stay updated on the promotional event, visitors my visit my website and opt-in to my newsletter to receive exclusive news and freebies. 

I look forward to engaging with readers!
Donna, thank you for hosting me today! I am look forward to sharing more announcements as my marketing plan unfurls. 

Jennifer, exciting news indeed! I look forward to hearing more!
Best wishes for your continued success!


Interested in staying connected beyond the Internet? Please feel free to opt-in to my Write What Inspires You Newsletter! I promise not to fill your email inbox, for I send out my emails no more than 1-2 times per month. 

Opt-in today to the Write What Inspires You! Newsletter and join parents, teachers, and colleagues who receive Donna’s newsletter and receive two FREE e-Books: “The Story Behind the Books” and “Marketing Tips” 

#donnamcdine
#childrensauthor
#writewhatinspiresyounewsletter
#jennifergladen
#souledbyjennifergladen
#souled

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Best wishes,
Donna M. McDine
Multi Award-winning Children's Author
Ignite curiosity in your child through reading!


Angel's Forever Home ~ March 2019 ~ Mascot Books ~ 2019 Purple Dragonfly Honorable Mention Picture Books Six and Older

Dee and Deb Off They Go Kindergarten First Day Jitters ~ December 2015 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2016 Purple Dragonfly Honorable Mention Picture Books Five and Under and Story Monster Approved

A Sandy Grave ~ January 2014 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2014 Purple Dragonfly 1st Place Picture Books 6+, Story Monster Approved, Beach Book Festival Honorable Mention 2014 and Reader's Favorite Five Star Review

Powder Monkey ~ May 2013 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2015 Purple Dragonfly Book Award Historical Fiction 1st Place, Story Monster Approved and Reader's Favorite Five Star Review

Hockey Agony ~ January 2013 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2015 Purple Dragonfly Book Award Honorable Mention Picture Books 6+, New England Book Festival Honorable Mention 2014, Story Monster Approved and Reader's Favorite Five Star Review

The Golden Pathway ~ August 2010 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ Literary Classics Silver Award and Seal of Approval, Readers Favorite 2012 International Book Awards Honorable Mention and Dan Poynter's Global e-Book Awards Finalist






3 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat odea fpr a story. I wish you the best, Jennifer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds intriguing and wonderful, Jen! Congrats and best of luck with your launch. Kids will love this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank for you taking the time out to visit with me and to learn about my writing career.

Please be sure to leave your blog address so I can reciprocate.

I look forward to visiting you too.