Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Overwhelmed by Balancing Motherhood & Writing Career

I received wonderful words of advice today from a dear writer friend when I told her about feeling overwhelmed by balancing motherhood and my writing career.

Her sound advice was:

"Don't worry about your writing so much....your children are young yet and need you...your time for writing more and more will come sooner than you think...just try to write something - even if it's an email or a letter to somebody, or even a journal entry - every day to keep your skills up, and also read read read children's books in the genre you hope to specialize in....the rest will come in due time."

My heartfelt thanks to Gayle Jacobson-Huset for settling my nerves!

These words of advice can really go with any career goals that you may have, it just doesn't apply to a writing career.

Hope you all can find and create the best balance for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank for you taking the time out to visit with me and to learn about my writing career.

Please be sure to leave your blog address so I can reciprocate.

I look forward to visiting you too.