Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Guest Author, Maggie Grinnell talks about the Orange County Children's Book Festival


My name is Maggie Grinnell and my first children's picture book, The Ketchup Bottle and the Takeover was published October 2010. When word got around about my book, I was asked to participate in the Orange County Children's Book Festival.

Well, I gladly accepted the invitation and then the fear of 'what if's' came to my mind. What if my book doesn't sell?, What if I am late to the event?, What if the event is rained out? Not one 'what if' happened on October 2, 2011, the day of the festival. I arrived two hours early, sun was blaring down and my book did sell. I set up my display: books, posters, candy, fun ketchup facts and a raffle for a free book. I was only there for 3 1/2 hours but it was worth it. I had a great experience and would recommend any children's author to partake in a children's festival just once.

Learn more about me and The Ketchup Bottle and the Takeover at http://www.writer65.com/.

Maggie, it was a pleasure hosting you today. Best wishes for your continued success!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Best wishes,
Donna M. McDine
Award-winning Children's Author
The Golden Pathway ~ August 2010 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc.
http://guardianangelpublishing.com/pathway.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank for you taking the time out to visit with me and to learn about my writing career.

Please be sure to leave your blog address so I can reciprocate.

I look forward to visiting you too.