Tuesday, April 12, 2016

J is for Joyful - #AtoZChallenge


The word of the day is JOYFUL...

I dare you to journal daily as to what you are joyful for and watch the negativity in your life wash away. 

To add to it even though I’m sure you have heard of this idea before, but here goes anyway… take a jar and create a colorful label with “What I’m Joyful For” and for one year on a daily basis write one joyful statement on a piece of paper, fold it up and place it in the jar. Come New Year’s Eve shake out the joyful statements and enjoy reading about your year of abundance.

To begin, what I’m joyful for. My husband, my husband’s brilliant doctors, my daughters, our health, our home, our extended family, our friends, our jobs, our finances to pay the bills, etc.


Looking forward to hearing about what you are joyful for! Thanks for visiting!

Be sure to visit fellow A-Z Challenge 2016 participants!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best wishes,
Donna M. McDine
Multi Award-winning Children's Author

Ignite curiosity in your child through reading!

Connect with

Dee and Deb Off They Go Kindergarten First Day Jitters ~ December 2015 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2016 Story Monster Approved
A Sandy Grave ~ January 2014 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2014 Purple Dragonfly 1st Place Picture Books 6+, Story Monster Approved, Beach Book Festival Honorable Mention 2014, Reader's Favorite Five Star Review
Powder Monkey ~ May 2013 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2015 Purple Dragonfly Book Award Historical Fiction 1st Place, Story Monster Approved and Reader's Favorite Five Star Review
Hockey Agony ~ January 2013 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2015 Purple Dragonfly Book Award Honorable Mention Picture Books 6+, New England Book Festival Honorable Mention 2014, Story Monster Approved and Reader's Favorite Five Star Review
The Golden Pathway ~ August 2010 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ Literary Classics Silver Award and Seal of Approval, Readers Favorite 2012 International Book Awards Honorable Mention and Dan Poynter's Global e-Book Awards Finalist

17 comments:

  1. This is a cute idea. I am going to try it with my kids. (who are falling into that generation of feeling they deserve all the luxuries money can by. Sigh!) I have kept a gratitude journal and wrote down 5 things I was grateful for.. and it really helped me shift my focus to the positive. :)
    Cheers,
    Seena

    #AtoZChallenge- J for Just Joking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The balance is difficult with being slammed with advertising each way we turn. I have found it definitely helps to keep a gratitude journal.

      Delete
  2. I'll have to try that. I do love the word joyful. My middle name is Joy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely your middle name is Joy! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Great reminder to stop and reflect on what you have to be grateful or joyful about.

    Cheers - Ellen | http://thecynicalsailor.blogspot.com/2016/04/j-is-for-jetty-nancy-drew-investigates.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a jar like that. I did it last year and at the beginning of this one did a post about what was in it.

    ~Ninja Minion Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! I'm sure 2016 kicked off better than ever!

      Delete
  5. You do have so much to be joyful for, Donna. How fortunate you are!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard that idea before, just never tried it. But I'm joyful for my wife, my music, my home, my steady job, my friends, and my Lord.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! The Lord certainly does bestow us with many blessings!

      Delete
  7. Lovely idea, Donna! Just visiting with one of my kids about this:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Abraham Lincoln was right when he said people are as happy as they make up their mind to be. You do have to decide to be joyful. Great blog!
    Visiting from A to Z.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the quote from Abraham Lincoln. Thanks for visiting and I'm delighted you enjoy my blog!

      Delete
  9. Definitely joyful/thankful for my family and the talents God gave me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank for you taking the time out to visit with me and to learn about my writing career.

Please be sure to leave your blog address so I can reciprocate.

I look forward to visiting you too.