Thursday, May 17, 2007

Queries & Interviews

As you know I am a member of the Children's Writer's Coaching Club and the group gave me valuable information on queries and interview requests. They felt that it was key to secure the interview before mailing out the query letter (this will give a great hook for the query and the article when being able to quote an expert in the field).

I then contacted an expert in the field that I am researching an article for and to my absolute delight he responded back favorably within a few hours. I can hardly wait to fine-tune my query letter and send it out. Now onto tweaking my interview questions for next weeks interview.

I'll keep you posted as to how the interview goes and how the query was responded to.

Here's to your inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank for you taking the time out to visit with me and to learn about my writing career.

Please be sure to leave your blog address so I can reciprocate.

I look forward to visiting you too.