I so enjoy waking up to surprises and giggled when I received the award to Honest Scrap. Lea Schizas – http://www.thewritingjungle.blogspot.com/ honored me with this treat. Thanks, Lea!
Below are the guidelines when winning the Honest Scrap award:
1. List 10 honest things about yourself (make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!)
2. Pass the award on to 7 bloggers
So let's start with the 10 honest things about myself:
1. I’m finally getting comfortable with my abilities as a writer.
2. When people ask me what I do for a living I respond with I’m a children’s writer and forget about my other job as a web designer and personal assistant.
3. I tell my kids not to answer the phone until we check the caller id…they are finally getting the hang of it.
4. It gets under my skin when people ask for your advice, you give it, and they get angry at your response.
5. I wanted to be a reporter when I was younger.
6. I don't have tolerance for backstabbers…nice to your face, then mean when you walk away…some people never left the high school mentality behind.
7. I cook the same meals over and over again. Kids like them, so I’ll stick to it.
8. I mix whites and colored clothes together at times to hurry up and save some time.
9. I despise it when people think you really aren’t working because you are doing it from home and think they can dump their kid on you.
10. I like the lead up to Christmas, the fun of picking out the perfect present, decorating and baking, but not the actual day…too many expectations from relatives.
Here are 7 blogs (in no particular order) I believe deserve this award now. Remember, this award is given to those who have the gut to say it as it is, to tell the Honest Scrap:
1. Lori Calabrese - http://www.loricalabrese.blogspot.com/
2. Jan Fields - http://cute-n-cranky.livejournal.com/
3. L. Diane Wolfe - Circle of Friends - http://www.circleoffriendsbooks.blogspot.com/
4. Kristie Smith - http://www.jacketflap.com/profile.asp?member=krsmith
5. Beth Reinke - http://www.bethbencereinke.com/
6. Terri Forehand - http://heartfeltwords4kids.blogspot.com/
7. Patricia Shirra - http://www.jacketflap.com/profile.asp?member=PShirra