Monday, July 20, 2009

Katie Hines - Author of Guardian - Bio

BIOGRAPHY FOR KATIE HINES:

Katie Hines has been writing snippets here and there as long as she can remember. When in 8th grade, she wrote a short story called, “Underworld.” Then, in high school, she wrote several poems that were published in an anthology.

Marriage and raising two children contributed to putting away writing for a few years, but she came back to it while in her 40s. Since that time, she has been a contributing feature writer and columnist for a local newspaper, has written several features articles for another area newspaper, and wrote religious and humor articles for an online Catholic ezine.

Her short story, “My Name is Bib,” was published by the Loch Raven Review in October, 2008.

Finished with “Guardian,” Hines is currently working on another middle grade urban fantasy novel, as well as a couple of chapter books, and is extending “My Name is Bib” into a full young adult novel.

To learn more about Katie visit:

http://katiehines.blogspot.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Katie-Hines/1442953493

Twitter: http://twitter.com/katiehines


5 comments:

  1. Good job. Thanks for having Katie, Donna. We are looking forward to having her book published soon. I think the cover is fantastic. I'm sure it will be a big hit (because who doesn't like going on a treasure hunt?). See you all in the postings. - E :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice bio, Donna.

    I'm learning more and more about you, Katie. Your book is on my TBR list. Best of luck with it.

    Beverly

    http://beverlystowemcclure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to learn more about Katie. The book sounds very interesting. Looking forward to the publication! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again, great information. I love to peak at your blog for so much new stuff and good ways to improve my writing. The exposure to all these great authors is so inspiring. Thanks again, for a great post and another author to add to my "get to know" list.

    Warmly,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katie,
    I'm so glad the Guardian has found a publishing home. I enjoyed reading it b4 Katie started shopping it around.

    Donna,
    Can't wait 2 read your book with Guardian Angel Publishing.


    Blessings,
    J. Aday Kennedy
    The Differently-Abled Children's Author
    www.jadaykennedy.com
    http://jadaykennedy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank for you taking the time out to visit with me and to learn about my writing career.

Please be sure to leave your blog address so I can reciprocate.

I look forward to visiting you too.