Welcome to the eleventh day of Education Tipster, Kathy Stemke’s book tour for
TROUBLE ON EARTH DAY
This 46 page book starts with a charming story about Shelby squirrel, who has learned about recycling at school. When she makes a new friend who is homeless, her newfound knowledge saves the day. The supplement is full of discussion questions, songs, games, and worksheets. My favorite part is the history of Earth Day and how it has spread around the world.
- A squirrel's brain is almost the size of a walnut.
- A baby squirrel weighs approximately one ounce at birth, and is about one inch long.
- Squirrels are so fast that they can run at the speed of 20 miles per hour.
- A squirrel can survive even if it jumps from a height of 100 ft. as it has padded feet.
- A Kaibab squirrel has a black body and a white tail.
- Squirrels swim using a "dog paddle" motion, and their tail as a rudder. Swimming is very strenuous for a squirrel, and it's not done unless absolutely necessary.
- It is not uncommon for a squirrel to hop or jump up to six feet in one bound. Of course, if you have ever seen a squirrel race through a tree, you know they can easily jump between branches of greater distances.
Trouble on Earth Day is available at a discounted price on my blog: http://educationtipster.blogspot.com and through Amazon, B&N, and other online stores.
Sh Sh Sh Let the Baby Sleep is available through the publisher, http://guardianangelpublishing.com/shshsh.htm and through Amazon, B &N, and other online stores.
As a freelance writer and ghostwriter, Kathy Stemke has published over one hundred of articles in directories, magazines and on websites. She is a reviewer for Sylvan Dell Publishing and a former editor for The National Writing for Children Center. As a retired teacher, Kathy has several activities published with Gryphon House Publishing. Stemke is also part of the team at DKV Writing 4 U, a writing services company that includes ghostwriting, copywriting, editing, proofreading, critiquing, and resumes. http://www.dkvwriting4u.com
Award winning author, Kathy Stemke’s first children’s picture book, Moving Through All Seven Days, was published on Lulu. Her next two picture books, Sh, Sh, Sh Let the Baby Sleep, and Trouble on Earth Day were released in 2011. Both of these books have been awarded the Literary Classics Seal of Approval. Visit her book blog at http://shshshletthebabysleep.blogspot.com
Mrs.Stemke offers great teaching tips and children’s book reviews as well as a monthly newsletter titled, MOVEMENT AND RHYTHM, on her blog. http://educationtipster.blogspot.com
Throughout the book tour visitors will be asked to send their best EARTH photo firstname.lastname@example.org to be displayed on the last day of the tour. A winner will be selected and awarded a $10 gift card.Visit with A to Z Challenge bloggers - http://www.a-to-zchallenge.com/
Donna M. McDine
Award-winning Children's Author
The Golden Pathway ~ August 2010 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc.
http://guardianangelpublishing.com/pathway.htm ~ Literary Classics Silver Award and Seal of Approval Recipient and Dan Poynter's Global e-Book Awards Finalist