Tuesday, September 9, 2014

KidLit Author, Mary Esparza-Vela Visits, Write What Inspires You

Welcome Mary! I'm delighted you penned an article for Write What Inspires You to share your writing journey…


Thank you for the opportunity to talk about my books, published by Guardian Angel Publishing. While growing up, my grandfather always told us stories before we went to bed. To me, this was better than watching TV. I credit my Grandpa with inspiring me to become a writer. His large eyes grew in size and the tone of his voice changed when he described the suspenseful moments in his stories.

As a child, I loved to read and write. I had great teachers who played an important role in helping me master my grammar and writing skills. Later, as an adult, I wrote articles for religious publications and worked as an Editorial Assistant. When I write for children, I try to make the stories humorous and entertaining. My husband is my writing partner and he usually comes up with the ideas.

My recently released picture book, EL POLLITO EXTRAÑO, was also published in English as THE ODD CHICK. The English version received a Five-Star Rating from Reader’s Favorite. I now have a total of four award-winning picture books and two short stories.

I am also the inventor of three unique, award-winning dolls named Kyzzie, Sweetz, and Hunee. Their first book adventure, YOU CAN’T TAKE THE DINOSAUR HOME, received a Book of the Year Award and a Five-Star Rating. Recently, I learned that it was an Award Finalist in a national competition. The book has also been published in Spanish as NO PUEDES LLEVARTE EL DINOSAURIO A CASA. It is about three tiny space tots who travel around the universe looking for fun and adventure. I call them LUV-BEAMS® because they’re full of love.

You’re welcome to see my books and dolls at www.luv-beams.com and www.marysdollsandbooks.com.

BIO: 

Mary Esparza-Vela is an award-winning author who has written articles for religious publications and various online non-profit organizations. She credits her husband and writing partner for her story ideas. Some of her picture books received Book of the Year Awards and Five-Star Ratings. A number of her books have been published in Spanish. Mary is also the patented inventor of three unique plush dolls that received Preferred Choice and Seal of Excellence awards. The dolls, called LUV-BEAMS® were featured in Toy Directory’s TDMonthly Magazine as “winning toys.” Their first adventure, You Can’t Take the Dinosaur Home, is available in English and Spanish from Guardian Angel Publishing and Amazon. Her books and dolls may be seen on her websites: www.luv-beams.com and www.marysdollsandbooks.com.  

Mary, thanks for visiting. Congratulations on your awards. Wishing you continued success! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best wishes,
Donna M. McDine
Multi Award-winning Children's Author

Ignite curiosity in your child through reading!

Connect with

A Sandy Grave ~ January 2014 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2014 Purple Dragonfly 1st Place Picture Books 6+, Story Monster Approved, Beach Book Festival Honorable Mention 2014, Reader's Favorite Five Star Review

Powder Monkey ~ May 2013 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ Story Monster Approved and Reader's Favorite Five Star Review

Hockey Agony ~ January 2013 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ Story Monster Approved and Reader's Farvorite Five Star Review

The Golden Pathway ~ August 2010 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc.
~ Literary Classics Silver Award and Seal of Approval, Readers Favorite 2012 International Book Awards Honorable Mention and Dan Poynter's Global e-Book Awards Finalist

12 comments:

  1. Mary, Thanks for the posts. My grandfather inspired me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracey, I adored my grandfathers. Thanks for visiting.

      Best,
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Keep on spreading the love Mary. Grandfathers are great! I wish you much success with your new book. Thanks Donna for sharing Mary's work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan,

      Thanks a bunch for visiting with Mary today. We appreciate your support. Yes, grandfather are terrific :)

      Best,
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Hi Donna and Mary, great post. Always nice to hear about what inspires writers. Although I didn't have a grandfather to inspire me, I found that my mother wrote poems in high school! I also have a story in my grandma's honor being illustrated now. I can hardly wait to share it. I love Mary's Space tot dolls and got all of them for my grandnephews along with her dinosaur book! Thanks so much, Blessings for continued success. Penny (www.penelopeanneocle.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Penny,

      What a lovely tribute to your grandma, can't wait to read and see it :) Thanks for stopping by and lending your support to Mary, much appreciated.

      Best,
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Thank you Donna posting my interview. I appreciate everyone's comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome. Pleasure to host you!

      Best,
      Donna

      Delete
  5. I loved You Can't take the Dinosaur Home. Thanks for such a nice chance to know more about Mary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, glad you stopped by! Delighted to have you as a visitor.

      Best,
      Donna

      Delete
  6. Lovely interview. What an interesting author you are! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy, thanks for stopping by to get to know Mary. Your support is appreciated.

      Best,
      Donna

      Delete

Thank for you taking the time out to visit with me and to learn about my writing career.

Please be sure to leave your blog address so I can reciprocate.

I look forward to visiting you too.