Friday, June 12, 2020

Jeremy Bhandari's Writing Muse at Write What Inspires You


I am pleased to share Jeremy Bhandari guest post as to where his writing muse comes from. 

Inspiration and Motivation
by Jeremy Bhandari

As a kid, I had always been heavily invested in professional sports. Witnessing greatness in athletic fashion is incredibly inspiring and motivating.

After I graduated from college, I was hired by ESPN as a Sports Researcher. During my time there, I created content that was used on SportsCenter, and even had one of my notes referenced during the network’s coverage of the 2019 NBA Draft. 

I got to work with Antoine Walker, a 3-time NBA All-Star, who most notably starred for the Boston Celtics. I was raised in Ashland, MA, which is about 45 minutes away from where the Celtics play, so getting to collaborate on shows with a player that I grew up watching was awesome. One day at work, I asked if he would autograph a poster of himself that I owned. Looking back, it’s funny to think that I asked a co-worker for his signature, but once a fan, always a fan! 

One day, I was asked if I would be interested in being the researcher onsite for a Men’s College Basketball game at Tulane University in New Orleans. To be honest, I don’t enjoy traveling that much, so, at first, I wasn’t really intrigued by the idea. However, once I found out that Tulane was playing Memphis, I was all in. Why? Because the head coach of the Memphis team is Anfernee “Penny” Hardaway. If you’re a fan of the NBA, you know that if Penny didn’t get injured, he would have gone down in history as one of the best players of all-time. He was named to the All-NBA First Team in both his age-23, and age-24 seasons. Nike gave him his own signature shoe, and built an entire advertising campaign around him. Outside of the gym, Penny also starred as an actor in the movie Blue Chips. 

With that said, I said yes to the opportunity and took a flight out to Louisiana, where I got to meet Penny and snap a photo with him. Looking back, it’s funny to think that I asked a coach if I could take a picture with him, but once a fan, always a fan!

Anyways, I always had this burning desire to impact the youth in some manner. For the longest time, I was unsure as to how exactly I could make a difference, but one day, it hit me. Using my love for sports, I decided to interview world-class athletes and find out how exactly they reached the top so that I could create a success-habit blueprint for the kids. Rather than harping on their superhuman stats, we discussed productive tendencies that anyone can adopt into their own walk of life. 

One thing led to another, and there I was, on the phone with Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Famer Jason Kidd, talking about the importance of developing self-discipline. A few weeks later, I’m intently listening to UFC legend Georges St-Pierre outline his obsession over his craft.

All in all, if you’re interested in writing, but don’t know what to scribble down, think about me: Identify a positive motive, and stay true to what you know and love. 

Jeremy, thank you for your insight guest post. To learn more about Jeremy follow him on Twitter and Instagram @JeremyTheGrind or his Amazon Author Central page


Interested in staying connected beyond the Internet? Please feel free to opt-in to my Write What Inspires You Newsletter! I promise not to fill your email inbox, for I send out my emails no more than 1-2 times per month.

Opt-in today to the Write What Inspires You! Newsletter and join parents, teachers, and colleagues who receive Donna’s newsletter and receive two FREE e-Books: “The Story Behind the Books” and “Marketing Tips”

#jeremybhandari
#trustthegrind
#sportscenter
#sportsresearcher
nbadraft
#writewhatinspiresyounewsletter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best wishes,
Donna M. McDine
Multi Award-winning Children's Author
Ignite curiosity in your child through reading!

Angel's Forever Home ~ March 2019 ~ Mascot Books ~ 2019 Purple Dragonfly Honorable Mention Picture Books Six and Older

Dee and Deb Off They Go Kindergarten First Day Jitters ~ December 2015 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2016 Purple Dragonfly Honorable Mention Picture Books Five and Under and Story Monster Approved

A Sandy Grave ~ January 2014 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2014 Purple Dragonfly 1st Place Picture Books 6+, Story Monster Approved, Beach Book Festival Honorable Mention 2014 and Reader's Favorite Five Star Review

Powder Monkey ~ May 2013 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2015 Purple Dragonfly Book Award Historical Fiction 1st Place, Story Monster Approved and Reader's Favorite Five Star Review

Hockey Agony ~ January 2013 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2015 Purple Dragonfly Book Award Honorable Mention Picture Books 6+, New England Book Festival Honorable Mention 2014, Story Monster Approved and Reader's Favorite Five Star Review

The Golden Pathway ~ August 2010 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ Literary Classics Silver Award and Seal of Approval, Readers Favorite 2012 International Book Awards Honorable Mention and Dan Poynter's Global e-Book Awards Finalist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank for you taking the time out to visit with me and to learn about my writing career.

Please be sure to leave your blog address so I can reciprocate.

I look forward to visiting you too.