Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Writer's Digest Conference

I'll be attendng the Writer's Digest Conference at the Jacob K. Jvits Convention Center in NYC on Wednesday, May 30th.

Jodi Picoult, The New York Times best-selling novelist will be the keynote speaker and there will be three sets of breakout sessions to attend on various topics.

I'm especially looking forward to attending the session: "Get Known Before the Book Deal," presented by Christina Katz, Writer Mama author. The book was wonderful and I'm sure it will be inspirational to meet her in person.

Additional sessions that I plan on attending are:

"Pointers from Glimmer Train," presented by Linda Swanson-Davis, co-editor of Glimmer Train Stories (learn about all things related to short stories, including what to do before you submit, the pros and cons of competitions, common problems with stories from the editors' perspective, and how to find your stories' strengths.

"What's in Your Locker: Tools for Writing the YA Novel," presented by K.L. Going, award winning YA novelist.

The day will wrap with a Pitch Slam session where more than 60 agents and editors will be available to meet with attendees on a one-to-one basis to discuss your book project.

Have an aspiring day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank for you taking the time out to visit with me and to learn about my writing career.

Please be sure to leave your blog address so I can reciprocate.

I look forward to visiting you too.