Tuesday, April 19, 2016

P is for Privacy - #AtoZChallenge


Today's word is Privacy....

In this ever evolving world of technology, I am finding it more and more important to find a comfort zone of privacy. For myself, often times I do post personal photos on my Facebook page of vacations and such, but how much is too much? Is this a red flag to the hackers out there that your home is left unattended as you are elsewhere enjoying a much needed vacation? Or are the hackers much more interested in your personal credit card and debit card data instead? My husband and I tend to lean to paying cash for most items, so that our credit and debit card data is not used by us on a consistent basis.

Aside from the technology, I am typically the person that wears my heart on my sleeve and people know what that are getting from me from the onset. However, I only share personal details with those closest to me and at times when I’m more closed mouth in a social setting I may come across as aloof or uninterested. It’s certainly not that, I’m just not interested in the whole room knowing my business. If my boss is reading this post, he is probably chuckling out loud… since I broke every HIPPA Law in the book, sharing with him the details of my husband’s illness last year and subsequent surgeries.


What do you do to protect your privacy? Thanks for visiting!


Be sure to visit fellow A-Z Challenge 2016 participants!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best wishes,
Donna M. McDine
Multi Award-winning Children's Author

Ignite curiosity in your child through reading!

Connect with

Dee and Deb Off They Go Kindergarten First Day Jitters ~ December 2015 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2016 Story Monster Approved
A Sandy Grave ~ January 2014 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2014 Purple Dragonfly 1st Place Picture Books 6+, Story Monster Approved, Beach Book Festival Honorable Mention 2014, Reader's Favorite Five Star Review
Powder Monkey ~ May 2013 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2015 Purple Dragonfly Book Award Historical Fiction 1st Place, Story Monster Approved and Reader's Favorite Five Star Review
Hockey Agony ~ January 2013 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2015 Purple Dragonfly Book Award Honorable Mention Picture Books 6+, New England Book Festival Honorable Mention 2014, Story Monster Approved and Reader's Favorite Five Star Review
The Golden Pathway ~ August 2010 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ Literary Classics Silver Award and Seal of Approval, Readers Favorite 2012 International Book Awards Honorable Mention and Dan Poynter's Global e-Book Awards Finalist


11 comments:

  1. I'd promised my wife I'd keep our private life private, so I don't share a lot online. Just my interests and hobbies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm generally a very private person - both in real life and online. I'm always extra careful about what I post on my social media pages, just in case. Most people know way more about my pets than they do me, since I blog about my pets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go girl! In this day and age, one can't be too careful!

      Delete
  3. I'm fairly guarded in what I share on fb or other places. I never post about my family, but they seem to not care and post about themselves a lot. I try to keep my personal life separate from my writing one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing that more and more, keeping my personal life and writing life separate. It keeps things a bit mysterious too.

      Delete
  4. I used to share at will. In real life, I'm not at all guarded. Most people who know me aren't ever surprised my me. But, outside of people I know personally, I am much more guarded. Words in print are harder to convey the emotion and I neither want to accidentally offend someone nor do I want to make myself or my family look like a group of asses.
    The Really Real Housewives

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer not to share too much personally as well and rarely post anything personal on FB or elsewhere for that reason. Having said that, I do love seeing others (yours too!) posts and pictures! I have had the same thought of not wanting people to know I am on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I slid back into a bad habit on vacation and a dear friend of mine just shared a photo from a vacation in 2009 and I couldn't resist posting it to my FB timeline.

      Delete
  6. ...But isn't HIPAA only for doctors? lol

    That's actually what part of our next e-Security newsletter is about, sharing way too much on vacation and making your empty house vulnerable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank for you taking the time out to visit with me and to learn about my writing career.

Please be sure to leave your blog address so I can reciprocate.

I look forward to visiting you too.