Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Q is for Quiet - #AtoZChallenge


Today's word is Quiet...

Shhhh….how I relish the moments of pure quiet. Since my daughters were born, 21 years and 18 years ago, I began the habit of waking an hour earlier than them and my husband. I find that hour of quiet to be beneficial in my outlook to the day. How lovely it is to read the paper, exercise and eat a hearty breakfast before the rest of the house rises. I keep this habit going on vacations too and enjoy a solitude few mile walk each morning, before everyone else rises and we meet for breakfast.


What do you do to instill at least a few moments of quiet in your day? Thanks for visiting.


Be sure to visit fellow A-Z Challenge 2016 participants!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best wishes,
Donna M. McDine
Multi Award-winning Children's Author

Ignite curiosity in your child through reading!

Connect with

Dee and Deb Off They Go Kindergarten First Day Jitters ~ December 2015 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2016 Story Monster Approved
A Sandy Grave ~ January 2014 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2014 Purple Dragonfly 1st Place Picture Books 6+, Story Monster Approved, Beach Book Festival Honorable Mention 2014, Reader's Favorite Five Star Review
Powder Monkey ~ May 2013 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2015 Purple Dragonfly Book Award Historical Fiction 1st Place, Story Monster Approved and Reader's Favorite Five Star Review
Hockey Agony ~ January 2013 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2015 Purple Dragonfly Book Award Honorable Mention Picture Books 6+, New England Book Festival Honorable Mention 2014, Story Monster Approved and Reader's Favorite Five Star Review
The Golden Pathway ~ August 2010 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ Literary Classics Silver Award and Seal of Approval, Readers Favorite 2012 International Book Awards Honorable Mention and Dan Poynter's Global e-Book Awards Finalist

14 comments:

  1. Hello Donna.
    Ha, ha, ha. Me? I go home........
    I live alone and the only noise I have at home may be my cat insisting on being fed or the odd dog barking somewhere in the neighborhood. ;)Be blessed today, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings all around, silent and not so silent.

      Delete
  2. I so need to do this! I love an hour earlier or later than everyone else but often can't get out of bed:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you on that one, especially during the winter!

      Delete
  3. I should do this. When the whol family seems to depend of you for a whole of tasks..(my kids are 6 and 3), it would help to sort out myself with me time, or quiet time. Thanks for sharing!
    Seena
    #AtoZChallenge- P is for Photo-op

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are kids are almost the same age. In those quiet moments I love to pick up a book and settle into my favourite reading spot!

    Karyn Good

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm lucky to live in a very quiet place, but my garden's the favorite quiet spot here. Almost at the end, Donna! R tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to garden too! I'm looking forward to digging my hands into the dirt this weekend!

      Delete
  6. When I saw your title, I thought you might be mentioning one of my favorite books, Quiet by Susan Cain :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sorry, but I will check out the book recommendation!

      Delete
  7. I enjoy quiet moments. Usually when I get home from the day job I like silence. Or at 6am when I first get to work and am half asleep and not ready to deal with the day. LOL

    ~Ninja Minion Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  8. I tend to just sit in my room after my shower and enjoy the moment of getting my bearings.

    ReplyDelete

Thank for you taking the time out to visit with me and to learn about my writing career.

Please be sure to leave your blog address so I can reciprocate.

I look forward to visiting you too.