Monday, April 18, 2016

O is for Organization - #AtoZChallenge


Today's word is ORGANIZATION...

For those that know me say I’m an organization nut. My mind thinks in a more detailed and concise manner when my desk and files are organized. Everything has its place, so when someone asks me for something I can readily put my fingertips on it or email to them in moments. My latest craze for the last year is scanning all hard copy files within our department and shredding them once I have reviewed the accuracy of each file. It has already proven to be priceless when our department head requested documents on a specific topic and I was able to search by that request and presto I found what he needed quite quickly.


How do you keep yourself organized? Thanks for visiting!

Be sure to visit fellow A-Z Challenge 2016 participants!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best wishes,
Donna M. McDine
Multi Award-winning Children's Author

Ignite curiosity in your child through reading!

Connect with

Dee and Deb Off They Go Kindergarten First Day Jitters ~ December 2015 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2016 Story Monster Approved
A Sandy Grave ~ January 2014 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2014 Purple Dragonfly 1st Place Picture Books 6+, Story Monster Approved, Beach Book Festival Honorable Mention 2014, Reader's Favorite Five Star Review
Powder Monkey ~ May 2013 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2015 Purple Dragonfly Book Award Historical Fiction 1st Place, Story Monster Approved and Reader's Favorite Five Star Review
Hockey Agony ~ January 2013 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2015 Purple Dragonfly Book Award Honorable Mention Picture Books 6+, New England Book Festival Honorable Mention 2014, Story Monster Approved and Reader's Favorite Five Star Review
The Golden Pathway ~ August 2010 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ Literary Classics Silver Award and Seal of Approval, Readers Favorite 2012 International Book Awards Honorable Mention and Dan Poynter's Global e-Book Awards Finalist

21 comments:


  1. That's a great skill to have. Takes a lot of work to scan and make those doc online. Very satisfying too am sure!
    I am not very organized, but I would like to be and keep trying to improve.
    Seena

    #AtoZChallenge - O is for Onesie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is challenging to make sure the docs are scanned clearly and I have no typos in the descriptive details. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I like to have everything in it's respective location as well, Donna! Though sometimes there does seem to be a creative disorganization to my organization--or so my husband says:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you on that one! As long as no one touches my desk at home I'm good.

      Delete
    2. Oh, yes, I totally agree with that!

      Delete
  3. I have spats of being organised. Sometimes, I am extremely organised and other times, total disarray. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all depends on the day and my mood for organization.

      Delete
  4. I have Asperger Syndrome and so being organized enough to get my writing done is a big difficulty for me. I find I have to accept my limitations and not force myself to be hyper-organized. Just having separate places to dump papers from different writing projects is a big leap forward for me.

    Nissa
    http://myantimatterlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have a slightly chaotic work space that sort of works. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever works for you is the perfect organization.

      Delete
  6. Well, I'm not quite that organized, but I do keep a clean desk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy a clean desk. If it's stacked with too many projects I don't even know where to begin.

      Delete
  7. ...I have this pile...oh, and that one over there...and if you move the cat, there's another one.

    Donna Smith
    A to Z Challenge and NaPoWriMo
    http://mainelywrite.blogspot.com - Mainely Write

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG that is so organised... I am the comp lee opposite, I know where everything is, it's somewhere in the pile on my desk... ~Liz http://www.lizbrownleepoet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you can find it, that's what counts!

      Delete
  9. I'm not super organized, but I use to-do lists and try to keep things neat. The clutter makes it hard to think and know where to start.

    ~Ninja Minion Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clutter definitely makes me jittery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I gotta confess: I enjoy nourishment much more than organization. As usual, I'm a day late! But that's okay, I sense Peanut Butter only a couple days away. (Hey, a guy can dream right. I'll be okay if it's Pepsi.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also believe that a cluttered desk reflects a cluttered mind.Apart from that I like to keep things in place.
    Points To Ponder

    ReplyDelete

Thank for you taking the time out to visit with me and to learn about my writing career.

Please be sure to leave your blog address so I can reciprocate.

I look forward to visiting you too.