Friday, April 22, 2016

S is for Serenity - #AtoZChallenge



Today's word is Serenity...

Serenity is certainly an outcome from so many of the words I’ve focused on from the beginning of the A to Z Challenge. By instilling a calmness in one’s life through meditation, nourishment, kindness, generosity and joy in everything you do, before you know it you will be living a life filled with serenity.

Do you feel like your life is filled with serenity? If not, what do you plan on changing so that you can have a life filled with serenity? 

Thanks for visiting!

Be sure to visit fellow A-Z Challenge 2016 participants!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best wishes,
Donna M. McDine
Multi Award-winning Children's Author

Ignite curiosity in your child through reading!

Connect with

Dee and Deb Off They Go Kindergarten First Day Jitters ~ December 2015 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2016 Story Monster Approved
A Sandy Grave ~ January 2014 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2014 Purple Dragonfly 1st Place Picture Books 6+, Story Monster Approved, Beach Book Festival Honorable Mention 2014, Reader's Favorite Five Star Review
Powder Monkey ~ May 2013 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2015 Purple Dragonfly Book Award Historical Fiction 1st Place, Story Monster Approved and Reader's Favorite Five Star Review
Hockey Agony ~ January 2013 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2015 Purple Dragonfly Book Award Honorable Mention Picture Books 6+, New England Book Festival Honorable Mention 2014, Story Monster Approved and Reader's Favorite Five Star Review
The Golden Pathway ~ August 2010 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ Literary Classics Silver Award and Seal of Approval, Readers Favorite 2012 International Book Awards Honorable Mention and Dan Poynter's Global e-Book Awards Finalist

17 comments:

  1. I wish I could just pluck serenity from a tree and devour it.. :)
    Seena

    #AtoZChallenge - S is for Social (media) Babies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Striving for serenity...still getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Karin, I haven't made it yet. Some days, serenity just seems like something in the distance. I wish they sold it in the supermarket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All it takes is baby steps! Keep striving for it, it will come!

      Delete
  4. Sometimes I look back at some experiences or periods of my life and I wish I had more serenity then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that! Hindsight is an amazing thing isn't it!

      Delete
  5. How cool with the list of books you have here :)

    Right now life is serene but there have been times where its been chaotic and the opposite of serene. During those times I know I need to work on my serenity and not yet those situations get to me :)

    thanks for visiting!

    betty
    http://viewsfrombenches.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and your vote of support to my books. Deep breathing always helps me to recenter!

      Delete
  6. I enjoy serenity, at least until a spider walks onto my shoe or a bee follows me around the green, lush yard. I know, it sounds like a personal problem! ;-) I have some great reflective times and I also find listening to music speaks to my soul. Thanks for your blog - I have enjoyed several of them now. www.dianeweidenbenner.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bees are definitely annoying. Always seem to come along one you get into a groove or gardening or curling up with a good book!

      Delete
  7. This week my life has been lacking serenity. Because of the day job. I'm training a new cook and changing the schedule and we're preparing to open later. Lots of chaos. I'll be glad when things calm down and I'm not so exhausted that I'm too tired to write.

    ~Ninja Minion Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope things settle down for you! Training is difficult, whether your are the trainer or trainee!

      Delete
  8. Sometimes I have serenity. Other times not so much. It's a challenge to face everything in life with serenity. Working on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a difficult balance at times! I find stepping back, counting to ten and deep breathing help me tremendously!

      Delete
  9. Some elements of my life are getting there. Others are not.

    ReplyDelete

Thank for you taking the time out to visit with me and to learn about my writing career.

Please be sure to leave your blog address so I can reciprocate.

I look forward to visiting you too.