Tuesday, April 26, 2016

V is Vulnerable - #AtoZChallenge



Today's word is Vulnerable...

Blogging to allow the world to see your words in a public arena certainly creates a vulnerable feeling. One’s mind can often race with the thoughts, “What if no one likes what I write?” “What if I get bad reviews from my writing?” “What if no one visits and comments at my blog?” Stop that naysayer in its path and squash those negative thoughts and write what you enjoy and expect to feel vulnerable at times. As you begin to build your platform and cultivate relationships from near and far the feeling of positive connections will help in erasing the feeling of vulnerability.

Do you let the feeling of being vulnerable to paralyze you in your endeavors? If so, how do overcome it? 

Thanks for visiting!

Be sure to visit fellow A-Z Challenge 2016 participants!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Best wishes,
Donna M. McDine
Multi Award-winning Children's Author

Ignite curiosity in your child through reading!

Connect with

Dee and Deb Off They Go Kindergarten First Day Jitters ~ December 2015 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2016 Story Monster Approved
A Sandy Grave ~ January 2014 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2014 Purple Dragonfly 1st Place Picture Books 6+, Story Monster Approved, Beach Book Festival Honorable Mention 2014, Reader's Favorite Five Star Review
Powder Monkey ~ May 2013 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2015 Purple Dragonfly Book Award Historical Fiction 1st Place, Story Monster Approved and Reader's Favorite Five Star Review
Hockey Agony ~ January 2013 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ 2015 Purple Dragonfly Book Award Honorable Mention Picture Books 6+, New England Book Festival Honorable Mention 2014, Story Monster Approved and Reader's Favorite Five Star Review
The Golden Pathway ~ August 2010 ~ Guardian Angel Publishing, Inc. ~ Literary Classics Silver Award and Seal of Approval, Readers Favorite 2012 International Book Awards Honorable Mention and Dan Poynter's Global e-Book Awards Finalist

13 comments:

  1. Doesn't stop me from blogging. I just don't get too personal and then I don't have to worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always have that feeling when I post a blog and until I get a comment. I don't let it stop me because I enjoy blogging.

    ~Ninja Minion Patricia Lynne aka Patricia Josephine~
    Story Dam
    Patricia Lynne, Indie Author

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You go girl! It's amazing how one comment can make my creative juices flow even more!

      Delete
  3. I try and remember that the only way to grow and learn as a writer is to push forward. Some days that works, and some days it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogging makes me feel vulnerable because I have Asperger Syndrome and have fears about social interactions, even online ones. I am also very outspoken and get attacked online a lot. But the worse people insult me, the less notice I take of their opinion. What kind of internet troll insults a disabled lady's cat?

    On my own A to Z post the word 'Vulnerability' was my theme, but it was specifically about the vulnerabilities of zombies.

    http://myantimatterlife.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't stand people that use the comfort of their keyboards to be mean. There is a way to engaged our differences without being mean.

      Delete
  5. I have felt vulnerable during this challenge as I've had to write quickly. Normally I spend ages on my blog post before gaining the courage to hit that publish button. I did do some prep for the A to Z but now we are down to the last week, I am getting up early to write the post. It has helped me to stop fretting so much and get on with it. The blogging community is so supportive, if I'm not on form for a post, it doesn't matter. There's always another one :) And if there is a big blunder, it can be edited :)Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you on the vulnerability of this challenged, but as you said the blogging community as a whole are very supportive. I'm glad that beyond the April A-Z Challenge that I don't blog every day, it's way too much pressure.

      Delete
  6. Thankfully I am old enough not care what people think AND old enough not to post every thought that comes into my head :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with @mshatch on this one. All that I write or think or am does not belong out there for the world to discover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely used to paralyse me a lot. I really needed to put effort to get moving. But I have grown out of it a lot now.
    Seena
    #AtoZChallenge - V is for Videos

    ReplyDelete
  9. I try not to let it, but it's something constantly on my mind.

    ReplyDelete

Thank for you taking the time out to visit with me and to learn about my writing career.

Please be sure to leave your blog address so I can reciprocate.

I look forward to visiting you too.